Modern Slavery Policy
the tree is committed to preventing acts of modern slavery and human trafficking in its business and our supply chain and we expect the same high standards form our clients and our suppliers. We have built many strong relationships with our clients, suppliers and industry experts and these relationships are based on our shared values, to growth and to commitment to highest levels of performance.
What is Modern Slavery
We consider the following encompass the term of modern slavery and human trafficking to be:
- Forced work through mental of physical threat
- Controlled/owned by an employer through threat of abuse
- Dehumanised, treated like a commodity or being brought or sold as property
- Physically constrained or having freedom of movement restricted
the tree is an award-winning digital content agency. It is not a legal requirement for us to have a modern slavery policy, however as a forward thinking and responsible employer we take it upon ourselves to offer best in class operations and compliance from the ground up. We believe it important to show that our business and everyone connected to it will not tolerate modern slavery or human trafficking.
the tree's purpose is to operate in a professional, safe, responsible, and sustainable way. We believe, in today's society, clients and supply chains should all work together to fulfill that purpose-ethically and in compliance with applicable laws.
We have a suite of policies and procedures in place which support our ethical stance on combating modern slavery in our business, this including:
- Having a Code of Conduct;
- Being an equal opportunities employer;
- Checking all employees are eligible to work in UK and carry out independent references, pre employment and passport ID details;
- Providing safe working environment with full comprehensive health and safety policies;
- Providing a whistleblowing policy;
- Facilitating regular consultations with all employees to share views on our working practices procedures and our policies;
- Implementing a training schedule for employees appropriate to their job role plus for their well-being and compliance;
- Providing for full time employees to work Monday to Friday daytime 9:00 to 5:30 contract, with an annual holiday of 27 days, together with flexible working arrangements including working from home.
We seek to treat everyone fairly and consistently, creating a workplace and business environment that is open transparent and trusted ensure our values are embedded throughout our business and how we expect our employees to behave with colleagues, clients and suppliers alike.
Risk and Diligence
Although we have selected international clients, we consider the tree to be low risk, primarily providing online digital services based in the UK.
However, we make our suppliers aware of our policies and expect our core suppliers to meet the same standards. Our due diligence process includes building long-standing relationships with suppliers and making clear our expectations of business partners, evaluating the modern slavery and human trafficking risks of each new supplier. Should any evidence come to light with an existing supplier we would immediately discontinue the relationship.
As part of our employees' annual compliance refreshers of all policies we aim to ensure all have the skills and abilities to report any breaches to our policies practices and statements.
Our Future Performance
We keep all our policies under ongoing review.
In assessing the risk of modern slavery, our target is clear and will always be zero.