the tree is an award-winning digital agency based in the heart of Shoreditch. We’re a small team (despite having won Best Large Agency at the UK Social Media Awards last year) but we think big. We really care about what we do – as well as about each other – and we’re looking for someone to join us.
We are on the hunt for a fabulous senior account manager. You will be accountable for excellence, satisfaction and profit across your brands. You will be the primary strategic point of contact, continually showing how we deliver market leading planning and execution, along with seamless client communication and support.
- The main objective of the Senior Account Manager is to maintain and grow your clients, reducing the chance of churn and driving new opportunities
- You’ll be a people person, using sophisticated interpersonal and management skills to work with colleagues and clients of all levels of seniority
- You will be the guardian of digital strategy, ensuring that the tree’s output is meeting the objectives that have been set by the client
- Ideation, briefing, strategy and planning will all be your remit, providing the services team with a strong, strategic platform to deliver creative, impactful campaigns
- All of our accounts need to be commercially viable and cost effective. This includes:
- Developing strategies that meet our impact and margin benchmarks
- Identifying upselling opportunities with clients
- Negotiating contracts and cutting the best deal for our mix of services
- Coming up with accurate estimates and quotes
- Planning and reducing supplier and other direct costs
- Limiting the need for suppliers altogether
- Reducing client revisions
- Client communication makes all the difference. We’re looking to implement new thinking and learnings to ensure that our customer experience is above and beyond the other marketing agencies of our size – you’ll be at the forefront of that
- Your client approach must be defined and systematic, ensuring that we achieve a consistent level of excellence in every programme and project
- We are an ideas-led business and you must keep pace with creative trends and the creative direction of our clients, ensuring that all projects and programmes display a high standard of production – we expect you to, too
- You will be responsible for overseeing client project planning, anticipating any issues and helping teams to manage through them from the outset
- As the ultimate client representative, you will be responsible for using insight, research and new learnings to shape accounts and drive new opportunities
- Your focus will always be on quality. Our aim is to be a “zero mistakes” agency with clear accountability and attention to detail
- You will be responsible for introducing the business to new strategic methodologies and practices, informed by current trends and insight in the digital world
- A key focus across the team is to ensure they are working smartly and on budget. This commercial approach to the team must include:
- Staff are clear on your client quotas and the scope of work they are expected to deliver.
- Ensuring direct costs are kept to a minimum by negotiating with suppliers and monitoring staff spending. You are the guardian of our gross margin.
- Seeking efficiencies and opportunities to improve time and cash expenditure across accounts.
- Monitoring staff time to ensure we don’t over service clients.
- Empowering staff to make smart commercial decisions through coaching and application of your experience.
- Build a client services culture that feeds off success.
- Our aim is to shape you as a leader for the business, continually honing your skills to help inspire and make an impact on your immediate team and others in the business.
- Staff happiness is as important as client happiness, so we expect to introduce inventive new ways to boost staff morale and lift the overall company culture
- Drive forward our culture by using and implementing our values
- Be an advocate for the tree brand, ensuring that our tone of voice, assets and presentations are all refined and inline with our identity
- Fuel our own marketing with ideas and ensure members of your team are actively engaged with what we’re putting out there
- Recommend company social events, industry events and training sessions that you think would help us grow as a company
- Ensure that you are abiding by and enforcing the operational requirements of the business. This includes:
- Proper use of the server and internal communications tools
- Structuring client and project files o Using and monitoring timesheets
- Proper use of equipment o HR systems and processes
A little more about what we'll give you
Staff happiness is as important as client happiness, which is why we’re always coming up with inventive new ways to boost staff morale and lift the overall company culture. Here’s a little of what you can expect:
- Breakfast club every Friday
- 27 days annual leave + bank holidays
- +1 day annual leave for each year at the business
- Up to 5% commission on any successful new business introductions
- Perkbox membership with discounts across a wide range of brands
- 4 x annual group training sessions
- 1 x third party paid training course
- Monthly staff social events
- Bonus structure to be confirmed end of financial year
If this sounds like an environment you would flourish in, then don’t hesitate to get in contact.
Please email your CV, portfolio and your favourite GIF to email@example.com to apply.