Are you our next Account Manager?
the tree is a multi-award-winning social first digital marketing agency that helps progressive brands reach real world outcomes.
We're known above all for our strong family culture. Our team is made up of a vibrant collective of creative, sociable, and forward-thinking people. One thing unites us all; we want to make progress happen.
Happiness is important, which why we offer monthly social events and flexible working to maximise all the things we love about life. We're here for your future growth, too. We want to help you accelerate your personal and professional progression while you are with us.
With growth at the heart of our business, we're looking for someone who's excited to develop and push their role within the company.
We are on the hunt for an Account Manager with prior experience with either corporate, consumer or education clients. You will have an eye for strategically growing accounts. You will be overseeing digital client programmes, working closely with our strategy, creation, and activation departments to give your clients what they need. You will continually show how we deliver market leading planning and execution, and use your personality and character to build relationships with your colleagues and clients. You will also have a key role in managing a relationship with one of our key activation agency partners, which means prior experience of digital advertising is key.
We in the midst of a company-wide growth plan, so you will be part of an expanding client services team, with lots of opportunity to grow your own team and own key accounts for the business. You will also be working on well-established accounts with high growth potential, providing you with a vehicle to perform and progress.
- The main objective of the Account Manager is to maintain and grow your clients, reducing the chance of churn, constantly identifying and driving new opportunities for best-in-class content ideas and executions
- You will be the guardian of digital strategy, ensuring that the tree’s output is meeting the objectives that have been set by the client and will work closely with industry insight to help inform new strategies and continuously improve existing ones
- Ideation, briefing, strategy, and planning will all be your remit, providing the services team with a strong platform to deliver creative and impactful work
- You’ll be a people person, using sophisticated interpersonal and management skills to build relationships – both internal and external – to energise the team and connect with our clients
- You’ll have no qualms about immersing yourself into our client’s industries – reading publications (both trade and daily) to keep your finger on the pulse
All of our accounts need to be commercially viable and cost effective. This includes:
- Limiting the need for suppliers altogether
- Developing strategies that meet our impact and margin benchmarks
- Identifying upselling opportunities with clients
- Negotiating contracts and cutting the best deal for our mix of services
- Coming up with accurate estimates and quotes
- Planning and reducing supplier and other direct costs
- Reducing client revisions
- Client communication makes all the difference. We’re looking to implement new thinking and learnings to ensure that our customer experience is above and beyond the other marketing agencies of our size – you’ll be at the forefront of that
- Your client approach must be defined and systematic, ensuring that we achieve a consistent level of excellence in each and every output
- We are an ideas-led business and you must keep pace with creative and industry trends, ensuring that all work displays a high standard of production and cuts through the noise
- You will be responsible for overseeing client project planning, anticipating any issues and helping teams to manage through them from the outset
- Your focus will always be on quality. Our aim is to be a “zero mistakes” agency with clear accountability and attention to detail
- You will be involved with key new business activities, helping to grow our client base
- Drive forward our culture by using and implementing our values
- Be an advocate for the tree brand, ensuring that our tone of voice, assets and presentations are all refined and inline with our identity
- Fuel our own marketing with ideas and ensure members of your team are actively engaged with what we’re putting out there
- Recommend company social events, industry events and training sessions that you think would help us grow as a company
- Ensure that you are abiding by and enforcing the operational requirements of the business. This includes:
- Proper use of the server and internal communications tools
- Structuring client and project files
- Using and monitoring timesheets
- Proper use of equipment
- HR systems and processes
A little more about what we'll give you
Staff happiness is as important as client happiness, which is why we’re always coming up with inventive new ways to boost staff morale and lift the overall company culture.
What we offer:
- 27 days annual leave + bank holidays
- +1 day annual leave for each year at the business
- Flexibility on working from home
- Monthly classpass membership (£25 pcm)
- Kudos reward scheme (£100 pm for winner)
- Monthly staff social events
- Yearly Christmas or summer party
- Monthly masterclass sessions with external speakers
- Up to 5% commission on any successful new business introductions
- We borrow dogs!
Get in touch
If this sounds like it's for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and some information about your previous experience, thanks!